tcl-websh-dev mailing list archives

From Ronnie Brunner <ronnie.brun...@netcetera.com>
Subject Re: Any windows 7 binaries out there
Date Wed, 16 Oct 2013 16:44:18 GMT
Hi Jason

> Does anyone have windows 7 Apache 2 mod_websh 3.6.0.b5 binaries built?
>
> Its taking too much time to get the nmake to produce a successful build.

Unfortunately my Windows dev environment is not functional for quite a
while, I guess I would be the candidate to have that. But this is
actually the reason why Websh never went out of Beta: I' not too
proficient on the Windows platform and Websh3.6.b5 still has stability
issues on Windows: see Release notes:

"
- On Windows, mod_websh sometimes crashes with Tcl 8.5 and Tcl8.6
  in Apache 2.0 or greater.
"
So, if you *are* proficient on Windows, I'd be very glad if you could
give it another try, but I must tell you that it might not be too
trivial to fix the stablity... (If it was, I might have managed in the
past ;-)

Sorry for not being of more help

Best regards
Ronnie