tez-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Liddell <Mike.Lidd...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: We need a website
Date Wed, 08 May 2013 18:49:13 GMT
Hitesh,
I think that website (http://incubator.apache.org/projects/tez.html)  is just for the project
as it relates to being an apache incubator project.

The main website is listed as http://incubator.apache.org/tez/ but that is currently a non-existant
page.
There is a placeholder wiki @ https://cwiki.apache.org/TEZ/ , which is present but empty.

If anyone is doing work on these pages, can you please add me as a contributor to the wiki.
 I will be happy to add material esp re: Tez build/use on Windows platform.  I will also likely
be doing some capture of design/architecture.

-mike.

-----Original Message-----
From: Hitesh Shah [mailto:hitesh@hortonworks.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 08, 2013 11:33 AM
To: dev@tez.incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: We need a website

Something like http://incubator.apache.org/projects/tez.html?

-- Hitesh

On May 8, 2013, at 11:21 AM, Alan Gates wrote:

> In reviewing Tez's monthly report to the Incubator I noticed that despite being two months
old Tez still lacks a website (incubator.apache.org/tez).  This makes it much harder for people
to come to the project, learn about it, and potentially participate.  Could someone take half
a day and throw together something basic that tells what mailing lists to subscribe to, where
to look for JIRAs, and who the PPMC and committers are?