tez-dev mailing list archives

From Hitesh Shah <hit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: tez programming
Date Tue, 13 Aug 2013 18:31:45 GMT
Hi Zhangwei,

Most of the basic documentation/design doc/talks are available at http://tez.incubator.apache.org/

For example code, look at the tez-mapreduce-examples module. In particular, the MRRSleepJob:

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-tez.git;a=blob;f=tez-mapreduce-examples/src/main/java/org/apache/tez/mapreduce/examples/MRRSleepJob.java;hb=refs/heads/master

At the moment, Tez supports building out a DAG of Map or Reduce tasks. You can look at the
example code and helper apis in MRHelpers for migrating from an MR job to a Tez job. The main
changes would be in creation of a tez job. The basic mapper/reducer code however remains the
same.

Let us know in what context you plan to use Tez ( or what your use case is ) and we can guide
you further.

thanks
-- Hitesh