tez-dev mailing list archives

From Tsuyoshi OZAWA <ozawa.tsuyo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tez-0.2.0-incubating RC0
Date Thu, 28 Nov 2013 23:15:47 GMT
Hello Sihesh,

Yes, if we can avoid the problem by using workarounds, it's no
problem(+1 non-binding).

On Fri, Nov 29, 2013 at 2:47 AM, Hitesh Shah <hitesh@apache.org> wrote:
> Hello Tsuyoshi,
>
> Given that there is a known workaround for this ( and I believe the same configs used
in the patch could be provided via the command-line ), I am inclined to not block the 0.2.0
release for now. However, this issue does need to be addressed and I believe this can go into
the next 0.2.1 release ( hopefully within a couple of weeks time).

> Does that seem fine to you?
>
> thanks
> -- Hitesh
>

> On Nov 28, 2013, at 7:36 AM, Tsuyoshi OZAWA wrote:
>
>> Thank you for your comment, Gunther. The java version I cannot compile
>> tez with was HotSpotVM 1.6/1.7 on my environment. I also confirmed
>> that it can be compiled with maven-compiler-plugin to force target
>> version of java. I opened a JIRA about this problem:
>>
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TEZ-653
>>
>> IMO, we should include the patch to 0.2.0 to avoid this build problem.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Tsuyoshi
>>

>> On Thu, Nov 28, 2013 at 5:17 PM, Gunther Hagleitner
>> <ghagleitner@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>>> +1 (binding)
>>>
>>> Built from source, built Hive against it. Ran through a number of hive
>>> queries and verified a number of config options. Looks good.
>>>
>>> @Tsuyoshi: I think it's your environment, check what java version you're
>>> using. This is in your build log: error: generics are not supported in
>>> -source 1.3
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Gunther.

Hive