tez-dev mailing list archives

From Hitesh Shah <hit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Newbie in the dev list
Date Wed, 13 Nov 2013 23:49:31 GMT
Thanks Austin. Looking forward to your contributions.

If you are familiar with contributing to Hadoop, the process is pretty much the same in Tez.
Take a look at http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HowToContribute on general contribution guidelines.

For new folks, there are some jiras that have marked newbie which can help get someone started
with learning about the codebase.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20TEZ%20AND%20labels%20%3D%20newbie%20AND%20status%20%3D%20Open%20AND%20assignee%20in%20(EMPTY)

Once you have picked something which you are interested in working ( need not be any of the
above - new jiras/ideas/bug fixes welcome ), please add a comment on the jira that you would
like to work on it so that others are aware. Once you have a patch, upload a diff to the jira
and wait for one of the committers to review and commit.

If you don't see a response on the jira within a couple of days or if you have any questions,
feel free to bombard the dev mailing list.

thanks
-- Hitesh