tez-dev mailing list archives

From Tsuyoshi OZAWA <ozawa.tsuyo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Targeting a 0.3.0-incubating release
Date Tue, 18 Feb 2014 18:49:07 GMT
Hi,

About 0.3 release itself, LGTM :-) Let's go ahead.

One my question is how to collaborate with application
developers like Hive or Pig project.
Should these developers be recommended to upgrade
from 0.2 to 0.3?
We should clarify the polity against the application developers
though I know Tez is in alpha stage. What do you think?

Thanks, Tsuyoshi

On Fri, Feb 14, 2014 at 2:53 PM, Hitesh Shah <hitesh@apache.org> wrote:
> Hello folks,
>
> Given that our last release was in early December, 2013, it seems like a good time to
target a new release. I believe most of the critical security related fixes have gone in and
the few that remain in TEZ-669 could be targeted for a future release.

> I have marked a few jiras that could be considered blockers for a 0.3.0 release to ensure
good usability ( the list is open for discussion - feel free to add any other issues if you
deem them to be blockers ):

--
- Tsuyoshi