tez-dev mailing list archives

From Bikas Saha <bi...@hortonworks.com>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS] Targeting a 0.3.0-incubating release
Date Fri, 21 Feb 2014 00:58:46 GMT
+1. All outstanding blockers are resolved now.

-----Original Message-----
From: Hitesh Shah [mailto:hitesh@apache.org]
Sent: Friday, February 14, 2014 2:54 PM
To: dev@tez.incubator.apache.org
Cc: user@tez.incubator.apache.org
Subject: [DISCUSS] Targeting a 0.3.0-incubating release

Hello folks,

Given that our last release was in early December, 2013, it seems like a
good time to target a new release. I believe most of the critical security
related fixes have gone in and the few that remain in TEZ-669 could be
targeted for a future release.

I have marked a few jiras that could be considered blockers for a 0.3.0
release to ensure good usability ( the list is open for discussion - feel
free to add any other issues if you deem them to be blockers ):

https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20TEZ%20AND%20res
olution%20%3D%20Unresolved%20AND%20priority%20%3D%20Blocker%20ORDER%20BY%2
0key%20DESC

Once, these fixes go in, I can aim to make a release sometime next week.

Comments/concerns/suggestions?

thanks
-- Hitesh

--