tez-dev mailing list archives

From Bikas Saha <bi...@hortonworks.com>
Subject RE: 0.5 incubating release
Date Fri, 06 Jun 2014 17:24:45 GMT
Folks, there is increasing interest in trying out Tez. Lets us rally around
and get the remaining jiras under TEZ-690 resolved so that we can make a
good 0.5 release.

Please
1) pick up some jiras under TEZ-690 and fix them
2) Add more items under TEZ-690 for missing stuff

Thanks
Bikas

-----Original Message-----
From: Siddharth Seth [mailto:sseth@apache.org]
Sent: Monday, May 19, 2014 9:55 AM
To: dev@tez.incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: 0.5 incubating release

Sounds good; getting most of the API changes in place would help downstream
projects like Hive, Pig and Cascading by allowing them to depend on a
released version. I don't think we'll be able to get everything done, and
iterative improvements will continue in subsequent releases, but getting a
large set of the incompatible changes into a release would be helpful.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE