tez-dev mailing list archives

From Anton Petrov <an...@hadapt.com>
Subject Debugging Tez release
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2014 13:48:58 GMT
All,

In the interest of learning more about Tez internals I am trying to debug a
running installation on a cluster. However, I am having trouble matching
the source on my local machine with the jars on the cluster, my source
seems to be off by three lines, making debugging impossible.

I installed HDP 2.1 and Tez as instructed in these docs
http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-2.1.1/bk_installing_manually_book/content/rpm-chap1.html

All the jars in the /usr/lib/tez directory are stamped with the following
suffix: 0.4.0.2.1.2.0-402. I assume the first three integers are for the
Tez version and the rest are the Hadoop version. A "yum list installed |
grep tez" returns the same version stamp.

Locally, I have checked out the Tez source and updated to
the branch-0.4.0-incubating branch. That branch has rc0 and rc1 tags, the
difference between which does not really touch any source files, so I don't
think it matters to which rc I update my source.

Despite updating to what I think the right version is, my DAGAppMaster.java
class is off by three lines with the jars on the cluster. I am attaching my
debugger to the AppMaster JVM.

Any help would be much appreciated!

-- Anton