tez-dev mailing list archives

From "Jianfeng (Jeff) Zhang" <jzh...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Question on Event
Date Fri, 27 Jun 2014 07:28:08 GMT
Hi all,

I notice that class Event is used by both Input, Output, Processor and
VertexManagerPlugin.
But IMHO it's not clear for users on how to use them and user don't have
full control on the events. Most of the logic is in tez-dag ( such as
whether sending it to TezChild,  it need, How to serialize/ deserialize
these events ) It's hard to add customized events, although it may be a
rare requirement .

I am thinking that in the Event class, we should provide some methods that
allow user to specify these attributes ( may need other code change ). My
purpose is to help user understand how to use these event. What's your
thinking on this ? Thanks

Best Regards,
Jeff Zhang

--