tez-dev mailing list archives

From Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vino...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 1st hit for Apache Tez
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2014 18:36:37 GMT
I don't see the point being made here. The project got seeded with some
initial code, so it is only natural that big contributions initially come
from those who 'know' the code-base. That said, there are contributions
from folks all around if not at the same scale, and these are only growing
by the time. Give it enough time, and you will see much larger
contributions beside feature/bug reports.

I can repeat oft-quoted lines on statistics. The graph doesn't show the
efforts done by others from Apache Pig and Apache Hive communities who have
been largely driving the direction of the project by making suggestions for
feature requests and filing bug reports. Also, not sure of the conclusions
hinted at that can be made by looking at the team-list page.

Thanks,
+Vinod

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE