tez-dev mailing list archives

From Hitesh Shah <hit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tez 0.5.0 rc2
Date Mon, 01 Sep 2014 17:37:15 GMT
+1 (binding)

Verified signature and checksums.
Build from source and ran a few example jobs on a single node cluster.

— Hitesh

On Aug 29, 2014, at 10:50 AM, Bikas Saha <bikas@hortonworks.com> wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I have created an Apache Tez 0.5.0 release candidate (rc2).
> This is a developer focused release where we have made significant progress in the following
areas (among others)
> 1)      API simplification and stability – Based on user feedback we have simplified
the APIs with a focus on usability.
> 2)      Documentation – Extensive Javadoc’s and a number of detailed examples have
been added.
> 3)      Local Mode – Local mode execution to run tasks within the App Master JVM allows
for easy debugging.
> 4)      Tez tools – Added initial support for performance debug tooling
>
> GIT source tag:
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/tez/repo?p=tez.git;a=log;h=refs/tags/release-0.5.0-rc2
>
> Staging site:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tez/tez-0.5.0-src-rc2
>
> Nexus Staging URL:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetez-1013
>
> PGP release keys:
> http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x8B25B9B71EFF7770
> KEYS file available at
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/tez/KEYS
>
> List of issues fixed in the release:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TEZ/fixforversion/12326688
> Also available in CHANGES.txt within the release tar-ball.

> [ ] +1 approve
> [ ] +0 no opinion
> [ ] -1 disapprove (with reason)
>
> I begin the vote with my +1.
>
> Thanks
> Bikas
>

> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
> NOTICE: This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it
is addressed and may contain information that is confidential, privileged and exempt from
disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any printing, copying, dissemination, distribution, disclosure
or forwarding of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication
in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete it from your system. Thank You.