tez-dev mailing list archives

From Jonathan Eagles <jeag...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Creating a branch for TEZ-8
Date Mon, 15 Sep 2014 20:04:31 GMT
I am complete agreement with Bikas over the hindrance to users over
the lack of a Tez UI. One of the focuses of the 0.5.0 release was the
improvement to developers and the stabilization of APIs. Likewise, I
would like to suggest one of the charters for the 0.6.0 release be the
improvement to users and adopters -- addressing hindrances to tez:
lack of a Tez UI with documentation to install, build, deploy, and
configure this setup.

To that end I propose we scope TEZ-8 such that it fits the 0.6.0
release date and also that it becomes a blocker to that release. I can
do a writeup of how to enable Tez UI as it works today so that the
motivated user can use it in the current form.

jeagles