tez-dev mailing list archives

From "Moore, Douglas" <Douglas.Mo...@thinkbiganalytics.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] What versions of hadoop should we support?
Date Thu, 04 Dec 2014 20:51:48 GMT
2.4.x and beyond for the customers we have

Sent from my iPhone

> On Dec 4, 2014, at 12:36 PM, Hitesh Shah <hitesh@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hello folks
>
> Could folks who are following these mailing lists do a raise of hands on which versions
of Hadoop you are trying to run Tez on?

> 1) 2.2.x
> 2) 2.3.x
> 3) 2.4.x
> 4) 2.5.x
> 5) 2.6.x
>
> Given that we are building out the UI and for the large part, the History UI ( i.e. the
one which will display DAG details after an app has disappeared ) will be dependent on YARN
Timeline, the UI will not be supported for Hadoop versions 2.2.x and 2.3.x given that they
do not support Timeline.
> Likewise, ACLs support in Timeline was introduced in Hadoop 2.6.x - this means ACLs will
not be enforceable on Hadoop 2.4.x and 2.5.x

> Also, as part of TEZ-1696, I also propose changing the default version to 2.6.0 given
that secure Timeline is only available as of 2.6.0.