tez-dev mailing list archives

From Hitesh Shah <hit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Some TEZ UI issues
Date Tue, 23 Dec 2014 02:58:33 GMT
Actually that is not true. The vertexId is just based on the order in which the vertices are
created and added to a DAG. This need not be topological. To get a correct topology, one would
need to do a full pass over the whole DAG.

— HItesh

On Dec 22, 2014, at 5:59 PM, Jeff Zhang <zjffdu@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Prakash,
>
> Regarding the vertex order, can we do the sorting on the client side ?
> VertexId is in the topological order, we can sort vertex by its id.
>

> On Sat, Dec 20, 2014 at 1:27 AM, Prakash Ramachandran <
> pramachandran@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>
>> Thanks Jeff for the feedback, my reply inline.
>>
>> On 12/19/14 1:22 PM, Jianfeng (Jeff) Zhang wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Folks,
>>>
>>> I tried the tez-ui, and found couple of issues. There might already be
>>> jiras to track these. Just list here in case we have no jira for that.  My
>>> OS is mac, and use firefox.
>>>
>>> 1.  The app link to yarn web ui is not correct.  The correct link should
>>> be
>>> http://localhost:8088/cluster/app/application_1418638652536_0011, but
>>> actually it is
>>> http://localhost:8088/cluster/app/tez_tez_application_1418638652536_0011
>>>

>> will be fixed for 0.6.0
>>

>>> 2.  On the vertex tab, I think vertices should be sorted by its
>>> topological
>>> order.  VertexId may already be in that kind of order, need to double
>>> check.
>>>

>> agree with ordering, i thought it was in topological order too. another
>> reason why it is this way is
>> that currently yarn timeline server REST api does not allow a sorting
>> order.
>>

>>> 3.  Start_time & Finish_time are only in the level of minute,  would it be
>>> better in seconds ?
>>>

>> will be adding in TEZ-1870
>>

>>> 4.  The Status dropdown list in the tab of vertex & taskattempt tab always
>>> been "ALL" even I change it.
>>>

>> created a jira TEZ-1875.
>>

>>> 5.   I think it would be more appropriate to allow fuzzy matching, at
>>> least
>>> for the DAG name textbox.  I found Counters has fuzzy matching feature,