tez-dev mailing list archives

From Bikas Saha <bi...@hortonworks.com>
Subject RE: Tez branch-0.6 open
Date Mon, 22 Dec 2014 18:52:50 GMT
Hi,

I was wondering about what should happen to future bug fixes. Should we
require all bug fixes be made to master and then pulled into both 0.6 and
0.5 branches?

Bikas

-----Original Message-----
From: Jonathan Eagles [mailto:jeagles@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, December 21, 2014 9:45 PM
To: dev@tez.apache.org
Subject: Tez branch-0.6 open

Folks,

The Tez developers have been hard at work preparing for the upcoming
0.6 release as is evident by the high activity on the mailing lists and
JIRA. To that end, I have created Tez branch-0.6 to prepare for the upcoming
0.6.0 release candidate with a stabilizing branch and unblock the 0.7
patches that are growing stale. Master branch has been updated to be the
check-in location for 0.7 and beyond patches and the build has been updated
to produce 0.7.0-SNAPSHOT artifacts from the master branch. Please be
diligent in alerting me to appropriate criticals or blockers and important
Tez UI/Speculative Execution/Timeline domain ACLs fixes needed for the 0.6
branch or feel confident in backporting these appropriate fixes to
branch-0.6 yourselves.

Please expect another update in a few days on the 0.6.0 release preparations
and timelines.
Jon

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE