tez-dev mailing list archives

From Prakash Ramachandran <pramachand...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Some TEZ UI issues
Date Fri, 19 Dec 2014 17:27:38 GMT
Thanks Jeff for the feedback, my reply inline.

On 12/19/14 1:22 PM, Jianfeng (Jeff) Zhang wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I tried the tez-ui, and found couple of issues. There might already be
> jiras to track these. Just list here in case we have no jira for that.  My
> OS is mac, and use firefox.
>
> 1.  The app link to yarn web ui is not correct.  The correct link should be
> http://localhost:8088/cluster/app/application_1418638652536_0011, but
> actually it is
> http://localhost:8088/cluster/app/tez_tez_application_1418638652536_0011

will be fixed for 0.6.0

> 2.  On the vertex tab, I think vertices should be sorted by its topological
> order.  VertexId may already be in that kind of order, need to double check.

agree with ordering, i thought it was in topological order too. another
reason why it is this way is
that currently yarn timeline server REST api does not allow a sorting
order.

> 3.  Start_time & Finish_time are only in the level of minute,  would it be
> better in seconds ?

will be adding in TEZ-1870

> 4.  The Status dropdown list in the tab of vertex & taskattempt tab always
> been "ALL" even I change it.

created a jira TEZ-1875.

> 5.   I think it would be more appropriate to allow fuzzy matching, at least
> for the DAG name textbox.  I found Counters has fuzzy matching feature, but
> others don't have.

again this is a restriction posed by the current yarn rest api. for
counters it does it on
the client side.

> 6.  Can we add vertex_name on the tab of task & taskattempt ? IMO It would
> make more sense to allow user to search on vertex_name, because it is
> user-facing, while vertexId is an Id which is generated by Tez internally,
> user don't know which vertex that vertexId refer to.
agree that it would be useful - will plan for the 0.6.1 release.
tez-1795 tracks this.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE