tez-dev mailing list archives

From "Jianfeng (Jeff) Zhang" <jzh...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Some TEZ UI issues
Date Fri, 19 Dec 2014 07:52:10 GMT
Hi Folks,

I tried the tez-ui, and found couple of issues. There might already be
jiras to track these. Just list here in case we have no jira for that.  My
OS is mac, and use firefox.

1.  The app link to yarn web ui is not correct.  The correct link should be
http://localhost:8088/cluster/app/application_1418638652536_0011, but
actually it is
http://localhost:8088/cluster/app/tez_tez_application_1418638652536_0011

2.  On the vertex tab, I think vertices should be sorted by its topological
order.  VertexId may already be in that kind of order, need to double check.

3.  Start_time & Finish_time are only in the level of minute,  would it be
better in seconds ?

4.  The Status dropdown list in the tab of vertex & taskattempt tab always
been "ALL" even I change it.

5.   I think it would be more appropriate to allow fuzzy matching, at least
for the DAG name textbox.  I found Counters has fuzzy matching feature, but
others don't have.

6.  Can we add vertex_name on the tab of task & taskattempt ? IMO It would
make more sense to allow user to search on vertex_name, because it is
user-facing, while vertexId is an Id which is generated by Tez internally,
user don't know which vertex that vertexId refer to.

Best Regards,
Jeff Zhang

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE