tez-dev mailing list archives

From Chang Chen <baibaic...@gmail.com>
Subject Which computation model does Tez supports
Date Wed, 25 Mar 2015 03:43:58 GMT
Hi

from the PhD Disseration
<http://www.eecs.berkeley.edu/Pubs/TechRpts/2014/EECS-2014-12.pdf> of Matei
Zaharia, there are four computation models in the large scale clusters:

   1. *Iterative algorithm*, such as graph processing and machine leaning
   algorithm
   2. *Relational query*
   3. *MapReduce*, a general parallel computation model
   4. *Stream processing*,

Obviously, Tez supports #2 and #3, but for #1 and #4, I don't see any
examples.

As for streaming, I guess if we implement appropriate input,  there is no
reason that tez can't support in theory.

But for Machine Leaning, how do we use vertex and edge to express *Logistic
Regression*?

Thanks
Chang