tez-dev mailing list archives

From "Jianfeng (Jeff) Zhang" <jzh...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Communication between YARN and Tez.
Date Wed, 25 Mar 2015 08:44:28 GMT
Hi Alok,

Tez is one kind of yarn application. So Tez use the standard yarn protocol
to communicate with RM & NN (submit/register/unregister app & launch
containers)
Regarding your question on the task completion & task submission. This is
a tez propriety protocol TezTaskUmbilicalProtocol between tez AM
(DAGAppMaster) and tez workers (TezChild)

Paste the code as below,

Currently
  1) TezChild pull task from Tez AM (TezTaskUmbilicalProtocol.getTask)
  2) Tez AM get the task status from TezChild through periodic heartbeat
(TezTaskUmbilicalProtocol.heartbeat)

public interface TezTaskUmbilicalProtocol extends VersionedProtocol {

  public static final long versionID = 19L;

  ContainerTask getTask(ContainerContext containerContext) throws
IOException;

  boolean canCommit(TezTaskAttemptID taskid) throws IOException;

  public TezHeartbeatResponse heartbeat(TezHeartbeatRequest request)
      throws IOException, TezException;

}

Hope it helps you.

Best Regard,