tez-dev mailing list archives

From Hitesh Shah <hit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Branch for TEZ-2592?
Date Tue, 07 Jul 2015 21:04:27 GMT
Forgot to mention that you go ahead and create sub-tasks for TEZ-2595 ( or TEZ-2594 ) for your
respective commits.

thanks
— HItesh

On Jul 7, 2015, at 1:57 PM, Hitesh Shah <hitesh@apache.org> wrote:

> Sure.  There are currently 4 files under tez-dist:
>
> LICENSE-full.txt
> NOTICE-full.txt
> LICENSE-minimal.txt
> NOTICE-minimal.txt
>
> The structure I have followed is that for each unique license, I list the jars that fall
under that license. Using a command such as  ‘ grep "\*.[jar|war]" LICENSE-full.txt ‘
allows one to figure out which jars/wars are already handled.
> To reduce the size of the main LICENSE file, it might be better to put each other individual
license’s text into a separate file and link that from the main one. However, this can be
done at a later point.

> Helpful pointers:
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/201504.mbox/%3CCABJEuZf9toL8TyTfaM_bu4Ue%2BNKzWSQN8%2ByLex8CD7KRF_bY4w%40mail.gmail.com%3E
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/201504.mbox/%3C43F91668-66B7-4CBD-9B76-3455F5473ED8%40classsoftware.com%3E
>
> @Prakash, given that you have already done this for the tez-ui earlier, would you mind
verifying the contents of the LICENSE and NOTICE for the minimal tarball?

> For the full tarball, I have already done some initial work ( needs to be verified though
in any case). I have the split the list of the dependencies that have yet to be looked at
or need another look:

> @Jeff:
>
> activation-1.1.jar
> aopalliance-1.0.jar
> apacheds-i18n-2.0.0-M15.jar
> apacheds-kerberos-codec-2.0.0-M15.jar
> api-asn1-api-1.0.0-M20.jar
> api-util-1.0.0-M20.jar
> async-http-client-1.8.16.jar
> curator-client-2.6.0.jar
> curator-framework-2.6.0.jar
> curator-recipes-2.6.0.jar
> gson-2.2.4.jar
> guava-11.0.2.jar
> guice-3.0.jar
> guice-servlet-3.0.jar
> htrace-core-3.0.4.jar
>
> @Bikas:
>
> httpclient-4.2.5.jar
> httpcore-4.2.4.jar
> jackson-core-asl-1.9.13.jar
> jackson-jaxrs-1.9.13.jar
> jackson-mapper-asl-1.9.13.jar
> jackson-xc-1.9.13.jar
> javax.inject-1.jar
> jaxb-api-2.2.2.jar
> jaxb-impl-2.2.3-1.jar
> jersey-client-1.9.jar
> jersey-core-1.9.jar
> jersey-guice-1.9.jar
> jersey-json-1.9.jar
> jettison-1.3.4.jar
> jetty-6.1.26.jar
> jetty-util-6.1.26.jar
> jsr305-3.0.0.jar
>
> @Rajesh:
>
> leveldbjni-all-1.8.jar
> log4j-1.2.17.jar
> netty-3.9.2.Final.jar
> paranamer-2.3.jar
> protobuf-java-2.5.0.jar
> servlet-api-2.5-20081211.jar
> servlet-api-2.5.jar
> slf4j-api-1.7.5.jar
> slf4j-log4j12-1.7.5.jar
> snappy-java-1.0.4.1.jar
> stax-api-1.0-2.jar
> stax-api-1.0.1.jar
> xercesImpl-2.9.1.jar
> xmlenc-0.52.jar
> xz-1.0.jar
> zookeeper-3.4.6.jar
>
> thanks for the help
> — Hitesh
>
> On Jul 7, 2015, at 1:12 PM, Bikas Saha <bikas@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>
>> Could you please take a stab at dividing the license check work among the volunteers?

I had.
>> We can probably follow a commit then review process for this branch initially and
do a full review of the licenses before the final merge to master.

>> @Jeff, to answer your question, this branch would created from master. After a merge
back to master, we can backport to 0.7 and use that for the first try for creating binary
artifacts.