tez-dev mailing list archives

From Hitesh Shah <hit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Branch for TEZ-2592?
Date Tue, 07 Jul 2015 20:57:51 GMT
Sure.  There are currently 4 files under tez-dist:

LICENSE-full.txt
NOTICE-full.txt
LICENSE-minimal.txt
NOTICE-minimal.txt

The structure I have followed is that for each unique license, I list the jars that fall under
that license. Using a command such as  ‘ grep "\*.[jar|war]" LICENSE-full.txt ‘ allows
one to figure out which jars/wars are already handled.
To reduce the size of the main LICENSE file, it might be better to put each other individual
license’s text into a separate file and link that from the main one. However, this can be
done at a later point.

Helpful pointers:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/201504.mbox/%3CCABJEuZf9toL8TyTfaM_bu4Ue%2BNKzWSQN8%2ByLex8CD7KRF_bY4w%40mail.gmail.com%3E
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/201504.mbox/%3C43F91668-66B7-4CBD-9B76-3455F5473ED8%40classsoftware.com%3E

@Prakash, given that you have already done this for the tez-ui earlier, would you mind verifying
the contents of the LICENSE and NOTICE for the minimal tarball?

For the full tarball, I have already done some initial work ( needs to be verified though
in any case). I have the split the list of the dependencies that have yet to be looked at
or need another look:

@Jeff:

activation-1.1.jar
aopalliance-1.0.jar
apacheds-i18n-2.0.0-M15.jar
apacheds-kerberos-codec-2.0.0-M15.jar
api-asn1-api-1.0.0-M20.jar
api-util-1.0.0-M20.jar
async-http-client-1.8.16.jar
curator-client-2.6.0.jar
curator-framework-2.6.0.jar
curator-recipes-2.6.0.jar
gson-2.2.4.jar
guava-11.0.2.jar
guice-3.0.jar
guice-servlet-3.0.jar
htrace-core-3.0.4.jar

@Bikas:

httpclient-4.2.5.jar
httpcore-4.2.4.jar
jackson-core-asl-1.9.13.jar
jackson-jaxrs-1.9.13.jar
jackson-mapper-asl-1.9.13.jar
jackson-xc-1.9.13.jar
javax.inject-1.jar
jaxb-api-2.2.2.jar
jaxb-impl-2.2.3-1.jar
jersey-client-1.9.jar
jersey-core-1.9.jar
jersey-guice-1.9.jar
jersey-json-1.9.jar
jettison-1.3.4.jar
jetty-6.1.26.jar
jetty-util-6.1.26.jar
jsr305-3.0.0.jar

@Rajesh:

leveldbjni-all-1.8.jar
log4j-1.2.17.jar
netty-3.9.2.Final.jar
paranamer-2.3.jar
protobuf-java-2.5.0.jar
servlet-api-2.5-20081211.jar
servlet-api-2.5.jar
slf4j-api-1.7.5.jar
slf4j-log4j12-1.7.5.jar
snappy-java-1.0.4.1.jar
stax-api-1.0-2.jar
stax-api-1.0.1.jar
xercesImpl-2.9.1.jar
xmlenc-0.52.jar
xz-1.0.jar
zookeeper-3.4.6.jar

thanks for the help
— Hitesh

On Jul 7, 2015, at 1:12 PM, Bikas Saha <bikas@hortonworks.com> wrote:

> Could you please take a stab at dividing the license check work among the volunteers?

a full review of the licenses before the final merge to master.

> @Jeff, to answer your question, this branch would created from master. After a merge
back to master, we can backport to 0.7 and use that for the first try for creating binary
artifacts.