tez-dev mailing list archives

From Siddharth Seth <ss...@apache.org>
Subject [DISCUSS] 0.8 preview release
Date Fri, 21 Aug 2015 07:03:48 GMT
I'd like to get thoughts from folks about making a 0.8.0 release.

This will be a preview release - to make the changes from TEZ-2003
available for downstream consumption.

1. In terms of versioning. This could be called 0.8.0-alpha. The next
release (assuming it's still alpha) could be a) 0.8.0-alpha2, or b)
0.8.1-alpha. I'm in favor of option b - i.e. 0.8.1-alpha

2. In terms of branching - releases from this branch should get all the
changes going into master. To that extent, I'll create a branch just for
the release, but I don't think subsequent commits into master need to be
cherry-picked into this branch. Whenever the next release is required,
another branch can be created from master itself.

Thanks
- Sid