tez-dev mailing list archives

From Shiri Marron <Shiri.Mar...@amdocs.com>
Subject Problem when running with tez on hdp2.2
Date Wed, 30 Sep 2015 18:44:05 GMT
Hello,

We are getting the following error when running our workflow with tez :
Invalid configuration of tez jars , tez.lib.uris is not defined in the configuration

More Information from what we looked at:

1.       Our cluster is  hdp2.2.6 ,  tez version: 0.5.2.2.2.6.0-2800 and ambari version :
1.7.0 .

2.       The tez-site.xml exists under /etc/tez/conf and contains  the following property:

<property>

      <name>tez.lib.uris</name>

      <value>/hdp/apps/${hdp.version}/tez/tez.tar.gz</value>

    </property>

3.       In the Ambari-> HDFS -> advanced Hadoop-env  ,  we have the following section:
          # added to the HADOOP_CLASSPATH

if [ -d "/usr/hdp/current/tez-client" ]; then

  if [ -d "/etc/tez/conf/" ]; then

    # When using versioned RPMs, the tez-client will be a symlink to the current folder of
tez in HDP.

    export HADOOP_CLASSPATH=${HADOOP_CLASSPATH}:/usr/hdp/current/tez-client/*:/usr/hdp/current/tez-client/lib/*:/etc/tez/conf/

  fi

           fi

both paths :/usr/hdp/current/tez-client , /etc/tez/conf/  exist in the env .

4.       The only thing that fixed the issue was adding to the workflow.xml itself the following
line:

<property>
            <name>tez.lib.uris</name>
            <value>hdfs:///hdp/apps/2.2.6.0-2800/tez/tez.tar.gz</value>
         </property>

But we don't wish to add it to each workflow.xml we have - can you please advise how can we
fix this issue by changing configuration on the cluster? ( I assume there is something missing
in our env configuration)

Thank you,
Shiri Marron
Amdocs