tez-dev mailing list archives

From Jonathan Eagles <jeag...@gmail.com>
Subject Tez session max attempts of one when recovery is disabled
Date Fri, 11 Sep 2015 16:38:31 GMT
Running pig on tez (0.7.1 pre-release) with recovery disabled and noticed
that when the am fails there is no other attempts. What is it about
sessions versus non-sessions (what bad thing are we preventing) that keeps
us from retrying when recovery is disabled?

(background) Pig only runs sessions even when only executing a single DAG
and recovery is fragile in 0.7.1 where hangs are likely, fixed only in 0.8.
I want pig on tez to be a stable as pig on mr, where AM failures and going
to dissuade users from migrating to pig on tez.

Jon