tez-dev mailing list archives

From Hitesh Shah <hit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Problem when running with tez on hdp2.2
Date Wed, 30 Sep 2015 19:55:03 GMT
I believe this might be a combination of a bug in both Oozie as well as Ambari.

The 2 bug areas that I refer to are:
   - Ambari not setting up Oozie correctly to work with Hive-on-Tez
   - Oozie may have some known issues ( likely fixed in future patch versions ) to ensure
that Hive-on-Tez works correctly when invoked via Oozie workflows.

Oozie has a per-action config directory. I believe by copying over the tez-site.xml into this
location should likely address this issue. However, for a verified and correct answer, you
should redirect your question to the user/dev@oozie mailing list. Likewise, please reach out
to the Ambari community to see if there are known issues with the version that you are running.

thanks
— Hitesh

On Sep 30, 2015, at 11:44 AM, Shiri Marron <Shiri.Marron@amdocs.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We are getting the following error when running our workflow with tez :
> Invalid configuration of tez jars , tez.lib.uris is not defined in the configuration
>

> More Information from what we looked at:
>
> 1.       Our cluster is  hdp2.2.6 ,  tez version: 0.5.2.2.2.6.0-2800 and ambari version
: 1.7.0 .

> 2.       The tez-site.xml exists under /etc/tez/conf and contains  the following property:
>
> <property>
>
>      <name>tez.lib.uris</name>
>
>      <value>/hdp/apps/${hdp.version}/tez/tez.tar.gz</value>
>
>    </property>
>
> 3.       In the Ambari-> HDFS -> advanced Hadoop-env  ,  we have the following
section:
>          # added to the HADOOP_CLASSPATH
>
> if [ -d "/usr/hdp/current/tez-client" ]; then
>
>  if [ -d "/etc/tez/conf/" ]; then
>
>    # When using versioned RPMs, the tez-client will be a symlink to the current folder
of tez in HDP.

>    export HADOOP_CLASSPATH=${HADOOP_CLASSPATH}:/usr/hdp/current/tez-client/*:/usr/hdp/current/tez-client/lib/*:/etc/tez/conf/
>
>  fi
>
>           fi
>
> both paths :/usr/hdp/current/tez-client , /etc/tez/conf/  exist in the env .
>
> 4.       The only thing that fixed the issue was adding to the workflow.xml itself the
following line:

> <property>
>            <name>tez.lib.uris</name>
>            <value>hdfs:///hdp/apps/2.2.6.0-2800/tez/tez.tar.gz</value>
>         </property>
>
> But we don't wish to add it to each workflow.xml we have - can you please advise how
can we fix this issue by changing configuration on the cluster? ( I assume there is something
missing in our env configuration)

> Thank you,
> Shiri Marron
> Amdocs
>

> This message and the information contained herein is proprietary and confidential and
subject to the Amdocs policy statement,