tez-dev mailing list archives

From Siddharth Seth <ss...@apache.org>
Subject [DISCUSS] Next release from the 0.8 line - 0.8.2
Date Thu, 03 Dec 2015 21:24:01 GMT
More than 50 jiras have been added since the last release from the 0.8 line
(0.8.1-alpha). More importantly, this branch has gotten quite a bit of
testing, especially while running against Hive 2.0 and LLAP.
At this point, I think we can drop the alpha monicker from the release -
and mark it for public consumption. The APIs for pluggable services can be
called out as unstable in the release notes.

Thanks
- Sid