tez-dev mailing list archives

From Hitesh Shah <hit...@apache.org>
Subject [VOTE] Remove support for hadoop versions less than 2.6.0 from master
Date Tue, 08 Mar 2016 19:52:19 GMT
Hi

To follow up on our early discussion regarding support of hadoop versions for future releases,
I would like to call a vote on removing support for any hadoop version before 2.6.0. Ideally,
a lot of things will remain compatible with older versions ( and hadoop-shims can be leveraged
if someone is willing to volunteer a fix to make things more backward compatible ) but generally
verifying that the software works with older versions should no longer be mandatory.

This vote will last 7 days ( to allow more time for comments from everyone ).

Here is my +1.

thanks
— Hitesh