tez-dev mailing list archives

From Hitesh Shah <hit...@apache.org>
Subject [RESULT] [VOTE] Remove support for hadoop versions less than 2.6.0 from master
Date Mon, 21 Mar 2016 23:25:38 GMT
With 7 binding +1s and no -1s, this vote passed.

Thanks folks. Will start filing some follow-up jiras on updating docs in master for deprecation
of support for older versions.

— Hitesh

On Mar 8, 2016, at 11:52 AM, Hitesh Shah <hitesh@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi
>
> To follow up on our early discussion regarding support of hadoop versions for future
releases, I would like to call a vote on removing support for any hadoop version before 2.6.0.
Ideally, a lot of things will remain compatible with older versions ( and hadoop-shims can
be leveraged if someone is willing to volunteer a fix to make things more backward compatible
) but generally verifying that the software works with older versions should no longer be
mandatory.