tez-dev mailing list archives

From Bikas Saha <bi...@apache.org>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Remove support for hadoop versions less than 2.6.0 from master
Date Tue, 08 Mar 2016 20:24:15 GMT
+1

-----Original Message-----
From: Hitesh Shah [mailto:hitesh@apache.org]
Sent: Tuesday, March 8, 2016 11:52 AM
To: dev@tez.apache.org
Subject: [VOTE] Remove support for hadoop versions less than 2.6.0 from
master

Hi

To follow up on our early discussion regarding support of hadoop versions
for future releases, I would like to call a vote on removing support for any
hadoop version before 2.6.0. Ideally, a lot of things will remain compatible
with older versions ( and hadoop-shims can be leveraged if someone is
willing to volunteer a fix to make things more backward compatible ) but
generally verifying that the software works with older versions should no
longer be mandatory.

This vote will last 7 days ( to allow more time for comments from everyone
).

Here is my +1.

thanks
- Hitesh