tez-dev mailing list archives

From Bikas Saha <bi...@apache.org>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS] Move master to version 0.9, create branch-0.8
Date Tue, 19 Apr 2016 01:39:10 GMT
+1.

I think we should do a 0.7.1 release and close development on that branch.
There probably a years worth of backported fixes in that branch that don't
have a released vehicle for consumption. If we do a 0.7.1 release with all
the fixes then we could retire that branch. +1 for a binary release because
we have seen multiple compilation struggles with users.

That would leave 2 branches - master and 0.8.

Bikas

-----Original Message-----
From: Hitesh Shah [mailto:hitesh@apache.org]
Sent: Monday, April 18, 2016 6:00 PM
To: dev@tez.apache.org
Subject: Re: [DISCUSS] Move master to version 0.9, create branch-0.8

I don't think we have added any new features that were not relevant to the
external plugin interface in master as yet.

+1 to allow the hdfs-based shuffle (TEZ-2442) and fair custom data
+routing ( TEZ-3209 ) to land on master without impacting stability of
+0.8.x. Also, we should consider replacing tez-ui with tez-ui2 if we are
+moving to master as 0.9.x

This does mean maintaining 3 branches though ( master, 0.8.x and 0.7.x ).

thanks
- Hitesh

On Apr 18, 2016, at 4:37 PM, Siddharth Seth <sseth@apache.org> wrote:

> There's several new features being added - including support for
> multiple partition fetch in UnorderedOutput, FileSystem based fetcher,
Tez-UI2 etc.