tez-dev mailing list archives

From Hitesh Shah <hit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Move master to version 0.9, create branch-0.8
Date Tue, 19 Apr 2016 00:59:47 GMT
I don’t think we have added any new features that were not relevant to the external plugin
interface in master as yet.

+1 to allow the hdfs-based shuffle (TEZ-2442) and fair custom data routing ( TEZ-3209 ) to
land on master without impacting stability of 0.8.x. Also, we should consider replacing tez-ui
with tez-ui2 if we are moving to master as 0.9.x

This does mean maintaining 3 branches though ( master, 0.8.x and 0.7.x ).

thanks
— Hitesh