tez-dev mailing list archives

From Harish JP <...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Replacing tez task scheduler
Date Wed, 21 Dec 2016 02:16:15 GMT
Hi Dharmesh,

TaskScheduler is not picked up via config. It has to be setup in the TezClient using setServicePluginDescriptor.
And dag/vertex execution context should be configured to use this task scheduler.

What you ask is very different from what TaskScheduler in Tez does. The YarnTaskSchedulerService
does not allocate containers, this is actually done by the Yarn RM. The yarn task scheduler
only allocates the Tez task to these containers and also tries to reuse containers when possible.

—
Thanks,
Harish