tez-dev mailing list archives

From Ranjan Banerjee <raba...@microsoft.com>
Subject Difference between COMMITTED_HEAP_BYTES and PHYSICAL_MEMORY_BYTES
Date Sat, 17 Dec 2016 19:23:14 GMT
Hi,
   Could someone please explain the difference between PHYSICAL_MEMORY_BYTES and COMMITTED_HEAP_BYTES.
    From my understanding COMMITTED_HEAP_BYTES is the xmx value in the tez container and PHYSICAL_MEMORY_BYTES
is the actual memory used by the task.

But in my sample queries I see both of them to be the exact value, does this mean that my
task is using 100% of the memory assigned? Some clarification would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Ranjan