tez-dev mailing list archives

From Dharmesh Kakadia <dhkaka...@gmail.com>
Subject Replacing tez task scheduler
Date Wed, 21 Dec 2016 01:08:30 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to implement a new tez task scheduler which tries to allocate
tasks uniformly across nodes. As part of this, I am trying to understand
how does tez decide which scheduler to use. I could not find any
configuration, My current understanding is if its running on yarntez mode,
it will use YarnTaskSchedulerService, and if its uber mode it will use
LocalTaskSchedulerService. I m interested in using it with hive on tez.

Please let me know what is the configuration for using a new scheduler.

Thanks,
Dharmesh