tez-dev mailing list archives

From Siddharth Seth <ss...@apache.org>
Subject [DISCUSS] Releases - 0.8/0.9
Date Sat, 28 Jan 2017 21:37:12 GMT
There hasn't been any release for some time.

0.8 - I'd like to create a new release in the next 2 weeks. There's quite a
few bug fixes. TEZ-3244 would be a good candidate to get in so that there's
a consumable build.

0.9 - Already has changes for Fair custom data routing, Cartesian product,
quite a few UI enhancements. Two big items under development are the
Parallel edge between vertices and the Tez shuffle handler. Would like to
get thoughts on a release schedule for 0.9.
We could create a beta with the 2 pending items missing, and a non-beta
once the remaining 2 features go in (or by time).
Alternately, create a non-beta release around mid-end March - with
whichever features are available.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Sid