tez-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Grandl <rgra...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Non blocking RPC service
Date Thu, 02 Mar 2017 21:33:16 GMT
Hi all,
This might be a bit out of topic, but I don't know where to ask.

I am trying to create a non blocking RPC service in Yarn and Tez. However, I observed that
all the communication is blocking.

I was trying to implement a non blocking service inheriting from .Interface instead of .BlockingInterface,
however I have a really hard time to make it work.

Is there any example in Tez or Yarn codebase I can look at. Or do you have any other good
pointers on how I can build such a service atop?
Otherwise, how can I do a non blocking service using protobuf in any of the codebases? Is
any such mechanism in Tez or Yarn?

Thanks in advance for any advice,Robert