tez-dev mailing list archives

From Jonathan Eagles <jeag...@gmail.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] Merge TEZ-3334 to master
Date Mon, 27 Mar 2017 22:49:29 GMT
At this time, it may be advantageous to move the Tez Shuffle Handler
development and maintenance to the master line. This would allow the tez
community to make this feature available to a wider audience. I would like
to get community feedback on proposing a vote to merge the TEZ-3334 branch
to the master line. I can say that I have tested this extensively and for
auto-reduce parallelism jobs, this reduces the shuffle time dramatically on
highly reduced jobs.

A list of features can be found on the umbrella JIRA
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TEZ-3334
In addition I have made a patch file available to see the 423KB of
differences so we can have a discussion over the changes.

Thoughts?
jeagles