tez-dev mailing list archives

From Jonathan Eagles <jeag...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Release 0.9.0
Date Fri, 02 Jun 2017 20:07:08 GMT
Hey Sid, thanks for a callout of jiras for 0.9 release. There are a couple
of jiras I felt are worthy of considering. None are blocking in that sense,
but all are in patch available. As always, I can wait another release cycle
if the community is eager for a release sooner rather than later.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TEZ-3617
 - This jira itself is relating only to a test failure on certain
architectures. The reason I call this one out is that is bumps the YARN
dependency from 2.7.0 to 2.7.2. A first 0.9 release gives expectations of
minimum requirements. Again we can live with this one for a while, but now
might be a chance to put this in.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TEZ-3605
 - This jira is a follow on to the Tez Shuffle Handler. This avoids the
fetching of empty partitions while doing composite fetch. This gives the
fetcher better decision making in the empty fetch case and avoids flooding
the log file with warnings as well as some performance benefits.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TEZ-3274
 - This jira provides considerable utilization reduction for certain
category of jobs. The change in the root input vertex manager behavior may
be better suited earlier rather than later in a release cycle.

Regards,
jeagles