tez-dev mailing list archives

From Gopal Vijayaraghavan <gop...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Custom routing in EdgeManager
Date Wed, 20 Sep 2017 02:59:13 GMT

> For instance I want to say that DataMovementEvent(s) from the tasks in the source vertex
should be routed to the tasks in the destination  vertex based on the fact whether the tasks
are in the same rack or not (or for that matter use some other key to route events between
the tasks in the two stages).

There was an attempt at scheduling a combiner task in rack-local to speed up dedup ops (by
doing per-rack aggregates) - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TEZ-145

I'm wondering if you're trying to do something similar.

> To do this I implemented my own EdgeManagerPluginOnDemand derivative but I see it has
two APIs  for routing the events:

I think you might not have overridden routeCompositeDataMovementEventToDestination().

If you want to submit a patch with additional log lines to the Tez Edge.java, I think that
might be one place which is under-logged for these cases.

Cheers,
Gopal