tez-dev mailing list archives

From Allen Wittenauer ...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Switched PreCommit-Admin over to Apache Yetus
Date Fri, 19 Jan 2018 19:32:22 GMT

> On Jan 19, 2018, at 11:15 AM, Eric Wohlstadter <wohlstad@cs.ubc.ca> wrote:
> Is it possible for you to check whether Tez has been affected?
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/TEZ/

	There weren't any (that I saw at least) in the queue when I fired off of the new build, but
Tez does use precommit-admin.

> For the last few days my patches aren't triggering any submission hook.
> Here is an example: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TEZ-3888

	They actually are triggering. (Here's TEZ-3888: https://builds.apache.org/view/PreCommit%20Builds/job/PreCommit-TEZ-Build/2715/
) The problem is that all of the old, deprecated features that Tez' test-patch depends upon
have been removed.

	I'd obviously recommend switching to Yetus' test-patch (esp 0.7.0 after it gets released
hopefully by the end of the week since it fixes another bug with the new JIRA install), but
I'm obviously a bit biased there. ;)

> In exchange, I can offer a Sharks NHL fidget spinner.

	lol