tez-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Badger <ebad...@oath.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Slack for Apache Tez
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2018 14:12:56 GMT
What would the purpose of the slack be? Would it be for hashing out big
details about Tez, discussing issues that people are seeing, and maybe
identifying patches that need review? My main concern would be that patch
reviews would become dominated by slack messaging back and forth and so we
would lose the information on JIRA.

On the surface this sounds like a really nice idea. But, I think we need to
be clear about how much reviewing we do in slack vs on the JIRA so that we
have a centralized history of patches and reviews.

Eric