thrift-user mailing list archives

From "Stan Lee" <stan.lee....@gmail.com>
Subject Problem upon Thrift client in Erlang
Date Tue, 12 Aug 2008 18:33:03 GMT
I am now using Thrift to transport some data between a Windows server and a
Linux server. C# is used on the Windows server and Erlang on the Linux
server. A typical Thrift server/client application is created, where the
client is an Erlang program and the server is written in C#. A function such
as "async void foo(1: list<DataType> data)" is used to transport data from
the client to server.

The problem is, when I start the client in the way described in
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/thrift/trunk/lib/erl/README, it
works fine and the data can be transported successfully, but it seems not
work if I call client:call_my_fun(Pid, FuncName, Args), which I defined in
the file client.erl that encapsulates the invoke to thrift_client:call(Pid,
FuncName, Args), from my own Erlang application, for example, from a
function bar(...):
           bar(Data, Client) ->
                       client:call_my_fun(Client, bar, Data).

I don't know why, and how to solve this problem, so I turn to you for help.
I hope anyone can help me. Great thanks in advance.