thrift-user mailing list archives

From "Hannes Baldursson" <hann...@gmail.com>
Subject Win32 Binary for the Thrift Compiler
Date Fri, 17 Oct 2008 03:19:27 GMT
Hi all,

I'm trying Thrift out for the first time. I've had numerous issues with
building Thrift on Windows and I'm wondering if and how it should be done.

Although I didn't manage to build it on Windows I managed to build it on my
linux machine with some hickups so I don't really need the windows version.
I'm proud to say that I've already edited the linux installation page on the
wiki to address the issue I came across.

Would it be a good or bad idea to serve a binary package of the Windows
version for easier and better user-experience?

The thrift definition syntax is pretty straightforward but I'm having some
issues on how to use the generated files. Oh and btw, is it not possible to
create a PHP server?

I might ask, why is there little to none documentation on thrift? I will try
my best as I learn to add every random info into the wiki and encourage you
all to do the same.

Can some one tell me where to start?