thrift-user mailing list archives

From "Hannes Baldursson" <hann...@gmail.com>
Subject Don't get it (Erlang)
Date Thu, 30 Oct 2008 21:05:42 GMT
Hi all,

I'm having some troubles with the Erlang generated code from Thrift. I might
add that I'm a newbie in using Thrift and got minimal knowledge about Erlang
but I'm fairly experienced in programming.

I've been looking at the tutorial where in one directory "tutorial/erl/"
there are files called "server.erl" and "server.sh" that seem to be an
implementation of the RPC functions. Am I missing something or doesn't
Thrift generate server stubs based on my definition file?

All the generated files I see are in the gen-erl and I can't see that any
one of them do what server.erl does... am I missing something or do I have
to hand code the "server.erl" file

btw, I will make sure to add your points into the wiki page

Thanks in advance,
Hannes Baldursson