thrift-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Duxbury <br...@rapleaf.com>
Subject Re: default, required, optional
Date Fri, 31 Oct 2008 23:32:14 GMT
If people don't manually maintain __isset, but the fields in __isset
defaulted to true, and everything was optional, then it would work
exactly the same. If you wanted to manually maintain __isset, or were
using generated code that did it for you (like the java:beans
generator), then you could shave null fields.