thrift-user mailing list archives

From "Ted Dunning" <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Don't get it (Erlang)
Date Thu, 30 Oct 2008 21:11:00 GMT
Hannes,

I can't comment on the Erlang example, but in general with thrift, the
generated code defines an interface that you have to implement.

When you start the server, you pass your implementation of the functionality
to the server and it handles the RPC (using generated code).  Thus, I would
think that server.erl implements the server functions as you say while the
code in gen-erl is the server infrastructure that calls out to server.erl

This design is in contrast to systems that require you to edit the generated
code and has what I think are very clear advantages.

--
ted