thrift-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Duxbury <br...@rapleaf.com>
Subject Re: Windows support
Date Fri, 13 Feb 2009 20:34:55 GMT
I think it would be a lot more challenging to write one C/C++
extension to rule them all that worked in every client language. If
you want to make a new protocol, yes, you'll have to write the code
in every client language that you care to use it from. The new
Compact Protocol is an example of this. I created the Java
implementation to serve as the reference, and myself and others will
provide other language implementations as it's needed.

-Bryan