thrift-user mailing list archives

From Zhan Xu <zhan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Windows support
Date Fri, 13 Feb 2009 19:02:50 GMT
All (Hannes, Jérémie, David, Esteve and others)

Thanks a lot for the valuable feedbacks! Sounds like there are
requests/thoughts for Windows support and the community already had
some initial tries for it.

While browsing the source, I found there are some C#
codes($thrift/lib/csharp/src) with real implementation (TSocket,
TBufferedTransport ...) Does that means the Windows issue is just for
C++ run-time library but C# does not have the problem since it's not
using C/C++ system calls?

This observation leads me to a further question -- what's the
relationship between the java/perl/php run-time libraries to the c++
run-time library? Are those java/perl/php libraries standalone, or
they call the c++ run-time libraries to do the real message delivery?

Zhan Xu