thrift-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Duxbury <br...@rapleaf.com>
Subject Compact protocol next steps?
Date Thu, 05 Feb 2009 01:43:45 GMT
Hey all,

I've done a pretty substantial quantity of work over on the Compact
Protocol over on https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/THRIFT-110,
but at this point, I'm largely talking to myself. I'd really like to
finalize at least the spec and then commit the Java implementation so
that Rapleaf can start using it on our projects without fear of
random changes down the road.

Are there others out there who are actively interested in this
protocol? If you are, please take some time to review the issue and
the spec so that we can push on ahead. If we get this into Thrift,
then we'll save something like 50% over Binary Protocol for only a
little more cpu time, and essentially be on even footing with
Protocol Buffers, which I see as a big milestone.

-Bryan